Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boy Prince Take 2

I'd like you to recall an entry I posted back in July of 2007. I announced (and I wasn't the only one, that was for sure) the arrival of the next great Giants pitcher -- Tim Lincecum. The kid (for I have been asked twice at games if "that guy over there" is Tim Lincecum and had to tell the questioner, "no, that is the batboy.") is now the two-time reigning National League Cy Young Award winner.

The Freak, The Franchise, whatever you want to call him, he's shown up. He's dealt. He's thrown over 800 changeups in the last season plus and only one has left the yard as a home run. Only 34 have gone for hits.

Back in July of 2007, the average baseball fan couldn't tell you who Tim Lincecum was. Now he has little kids wearing his jersey in Houston.

Let's just not talk about his last two starts.

No comments: