Monday, September 10, 2007

At least Ausmus still puts out.

Sometimes it really sucks not being in your team's market. Last week was one of those times. I got many IMs and phone calls that went along these lines:


-Hey, Skye, did you see Ausmus and his surfboard?
-Skylar! Naked Ausmus!
-Dude, did you get Houston coverage on mlb.tv today? Roy said some pretty funny things.

This is also one of those times I'm thankful for the internet.

-No, I hadn't, but now I have.
-I wish he was naked.
-No, I didn't. So did Brad Lidge and Mike Lamb.

"I was kind of embarrassed to throw to him now. Every time I see him behind the plate now, I'm going to think about that picture. He don't look like he's the manliest guy here right now." - Roy Oswalt

"Maybe we're all just jealous, but at the same time, there's a certain limit to what can be presented, and I think he's maybe stepped over the lines on that one." - Brad Lidge

"I had to get my own copy and keep it forever. I put it up in my game room at home next to my World Series pictures because these are things that I'll miss when I retire. It won't be the game. It will be shirtless pictures of Brad Ausmus." - Mike Lamb

In related news, the Astros are last in the division and their E# is down to 9. The first National League team eliminated from playoff contention was Florida.

[Thank you, Raisa, for those wonderful quotes.]

No comments: